Date posted: September 6, 2019
Reports To: Security Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: Worksite near Andrews, Texas
Performs routine security activities related to providing security for personnel and property at the facility by performing the following duties. Provides oversight involving access to the facility by all personnel and vehicles. Reports to the Security Manager. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may receive occupational exposures to ionizing radiation that are As Low As is Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) and within regulatory limits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides security oversight at the Facility main entrance gate;
- Conducts facility site orientation for visitors and contractors;
- Distributes vehicle passes, contractor and visitor badges;
- Conducts routine security patrols of the facility during off duty hours to ensure facility personnel
safety, fire watch and property security;
- Conducts railcar inventories;
- Performs random inspections on vehicles on WCS property;
- Conducts training activities for new security personnel to ensure compliance with facility/department requirements;
- Coordinates with the Receiving Department to provide assistance in the processing of arriving transporter vehicles and the processing of required paperwork;
- Provides medical support, within the limits of their training, to WCS employee injuries on site.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are required to either currently hold or obtain a valid non-commissioned security officer license from the Texas Department of Public Safety within a reasonable amount time from the date of hire as determined by the hiring manager and Human Resources. Requirements for eligibility of a non-commissioned security officer license are found at https://securityguard-license.org/states/texas-security-guard.html
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED. Previous security experience desirable.